IATF 16949 Internal Auditor Training
The purpose of the training course is to introduce learners to methods and tools for auditing an IATF 16949 Quality Management System.
The training is designed to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to successfully plan and prepare for an audit, perform an audit, document an audit, report on the results of an audit, and manage corrective actions to IATF 16949 requirements.
Specific Key topics to be addressed:
- The purpose and importance of Internal Auditing,
- The PDCA cycle and the process-based approach,
- Annex SL: New / Updated Concepts,
- Performance evaluation in 9001:2015 and IATF 16949,
- Section overview of IATF 16949 and elements of the standard in detail,
- Overview of Core Tools and their relationship to IATF 16949,
- ISO 19011 overview and the audit process,
- Auditor conduct and responsibilities,
- Quality audit types and internal audit key terms and definitions,
- Tools and skills needed for successful auditing,
- Documenting audit activity, communicating findings,
- Corrective actions and follow-up audits, and
- Reporting the results of the audit
Hands-on training activities:
4 quizzes will be given:
Internal Audit simulation will be conducted on day 3.
Training Objectives: Upon completion of the training the learner should be equipped to:
- Explain the purpose of the IATF 16949 Standard
- Identify the five core tools of the IATF 16949 system and explain their purpose
- Identify and interpret ISO 9001 / IATF 16949 requirements
- Design and implement tools needed to conduct a quality audit
- Discriminate between good and poor audit techniques, methods, and auditor conduct
- Plan, perform and document a process audit
- Initiate corrective actions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Report Audit Findings
Participant guide, class handouts and materials, and a certificate of completion will be included with the course.
Recommended Prerequisites for Participants
To benefit most from this course, prior learning and experience in the use of core tools is recommended. The objective of this class is to train individuals to audit process outputs that use core tool methods and not to specifically provide training and proficiency in core tool implementation.