Are you searching for the answer to, "How can our continuous improvement process survive and thrive?" Toyota Kata addresses this challenge providing the framework for a sustainable problem solving culture incorporating targeted experimentation and personal learning utilizing two specific behavior routines or katas. First, the Improvement Kata is a repeating routine of establishing challenging target conditions, working step-by-step through obstacles and learning from problems encountered along the way. Second, the Coaching Kata is a pattern of teaching the improvement kata to employees at every level, ensuring that it permeates their thinking and actions. If you are seeking a better way to lead, manage and develop people to produce continuous improvements with superior results, Toyota Kata is for you.
- Utilize the Toyota Kata methodology of Coaching Kata and Improvement Kata to coach for daily continuous improvement (CI)
- Learn a four-step, iterative PDCA routine for addressing obstacles to achieving short-term conditions aligned with a long-term vision/challenge
- Get a daily routine- Coaching Kata - for teaching the Improvement kata thinking pattern
- Participate in an interactive simulation to understand the integration of Toyota Kata components
- Sustain your continuous improvement efforts
- Understand how the Toyota Kata trajectory components (vision/challenge, current condition, target condition, obstacles, PDCAs and coaching) come together
- Presentation of the Toyota Kata Methodology
- Participation in the Improvement Kata simulation in order to bring the Kata process material “to life” as team members PDCA their way through the Kata process en route toward a Challenge and Target Conditions.
- Experiencing a Coaching Kata session that makes clear how the Learner, 1st Coach and 2nd Coach interact so effectively.
- Explanation and examples linking Vision, achievable Challenges and short term Target Conditions, in addition to the planning necessary with an Advance Group Overview
- Welcome & introductions
- Kata Overview
- Understand the Direction
- Grasp the Current Condition
- Establish the Target Condition
- Round 1 Simulation – Grasp the Current Condition (block diagrams, obstacles, exit cycle times, run charts, Pc/t, CC)
- PDCA Cycles toward the Target Condition
- Coach leads 1st PDCA cycle w/5Qs
- Round 2 Simulation – First Improvement
- Round 3 Simulation (1st PDCA on a selected Obstacle); Report Out
- Coaching Kata
- Round 4 Simulation (A new Learner and Coach from the class run a 3rd PDCA on a selected Obstacle; Repeat or other Learners)
- Reviews Coaching using 5 Q’s; Coach and a Learner from the class run a 2nd PDCA
Do you have questions, comments or concerns, let us know.
Register for Our Toyota Kata Class
Tai Boos; 334.844.3890; firstname.lastname@example.org