Transitioning to ISO 9001:2015
Requirements, Approaches, and Methods
The purpose of the training course is to present to the learner an overview of the ISO 9001:2015 standard while contrasting and comparing the 2015 standard to the 2008 version, and to present approaches and methods for transitioning and/or repurposing 2008 quality system documentation to the to 2015 version.
3.5 Days. Scheduled class time is 8:00 to 5:00 PM.
This course is intended for experienced quality management practitioners who have been tasked by their organization to transition an implemented ISO 9001:2008 quality management system to ISO 9001:2015. Learners will need to be thoroughly familiar with the 2009 version of the standard to benefit most from the class. Learners who have previously completed a course in internal auditing to ISO 9001:2008 and have experience performing audits, and those who have experience authoring quality management documentation will find the instructional content to be highly relevant to their transition process. The training will provide first an overview of the purpose and intent of Annex SL of the ISO/IEC Directives which forms the basis of the revisions found in the 2015 version. The focus of the training will then move to a clause-by-clause overview of the 2015 version of the standard. Upon completion of the 2015 clause review, a constant comparative analysis will be used to contrast similarities and differences between the 2008 and 2015 versions of the standard. The course work will conclude with assessment approaches for identifying documentation gaps and exploring methods for restructuring and repurposing currently implemented documentation to meet ISO 9001:2015 requirements.
Specific Key topics to be addressed:
- Assessing and identifying management system gaps to be closed to achieve conformity
- Developing plans and strategies for interventions to close gaps
- Updating and repurposing management system documentation
- Organizational training and awareness for implementation of new requirements
- Timetable for transition
- Establishing arrangements with current or new registrar for updating certification
Hands-on training activities:
- Self-check and discussion sessions
- Group Activities including: identifying gaps that require organizational action for compliance, documentation matrices, documentation analysis and coding, and checklist development.
Participant guide, class handouts and materials, and a certificate of completion will be included with the course.
Tai Boos; 334.844.3890; email@example.com