Lean Bronze Certification Review Course
(AME Shingo Institute SME)
This course is intended to prepare participants to take and pass the Lean Bronze Certification Examination, which will be offered on the third day for those who sign up for the exam separately with SME. This 3-hour multiple choice exam is designed to test understanding of the Lean Certification Body of Knowledge.
The review course helps participants understand the body of knowledge that test questions are drawn from, provides practice exams and exercises to give students a good idea of what will be included in the exam, and offers several takeaways that students will find useful on exam day.
The Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME), the Association for Manufacturing Excellence (AME) and the Shingo Institute (home of the Shingo Prize) have partnered to develop an industry–based credential to acknowledge the lean skills of individual lean practitioners. The standard assesses a person’s lean knowledge (exam), as well as the individual’s ability to apply that knowledge (lean project portfolio). Three levels of certification progress with practitioners throughout their career: Bronze (Tactical lean), Silver (Integrated lean), and Gold (Strategic lean)
This event is a Bronze Level Exam Preparation Course (with ability to sit for Bronze exam as an option), designed to prepare students to take and pass the multiple choice, open book exam that is the first step in pursuing certification. Bronze Certification is focused on tactical application of lean. Tactical lean is the deployment and application of lean principles, concepts and methods locally, within a work cell, work group or value stream. This may be a workshop or project focused on implementation of specific lean concepts or techniques. This workshop is designed to prepare individuals to take and pass the Bronze examination, the first step in pursuing lean certification.
Lean Bronze Certification 2 Day Preparation CourseDay 1; 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Introductions & Lean Certification Overview
- Practice Exam 1 – (Practice Exam and Review)
- Formula Review & Practice (Worksheet and review questions)
- Cultural Enablers (Team Research)
- Continuous Process Improvement - (Individual Worksheets and Group Review)
- Continuous Process Improvement – (Team Research)
- Additional Take Home Practice Exam
Day 2; 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Portfolio Development
- Additional Check Activity (Short Answer & True/False)
- Business Results – (Team Research)
- Practice Exam 2 (Practice Exam and Review)
- Test taking strategies, Wrap up and Questions
Day 3, 8:30 am – Noon
- Exam – 3 hours, multiple choice
* Certification exam will be online. Computers will be limited, we ask that you please bring your own laptop if you have one. Proctor: Hank Czarnecki
Please Note: The registration through ATAC is for the Lean Certification Review Class ONLY.
Study materials for the course consist of the body of knowledge and recommended reading books, which are listed on this brochure and on the SME website. The books must be purchased and read by attendees prior to attending the review course. Please bring these materials with you for use during the review course and the open book exam.
- Understanding of the Bronze-level Body of Knowledge and requirements
- Review of recommended material
- Learn how the test is structured
- Learn how to focus your exam preparation activities
- Group activities and discussions
- Practice exercises and tests
Participants in this course are expected to read the recommended readings prior to the course and should bring their books to the class. E-Books are not allowed for the examExam questions are based on specific Recommended Readings:
- Gemba Kaizen, Masaaki Imai
- Lean Production Simplified, Pascal Dennis
- Lean Thinking, James P. Womack and Daniel T. Jones
- Learning to See: Value Stream Mapping to Create Value and Eliminate Muda, Mike Rother and John Shook
- Lean Lexicon - LEI
The course will be followed by the Bronze exam on the morning of Day 3 for those who have signed up for it separately with SME
To register please contact:
Administrative Coordinator - Certification
firstname.lastname@example.org | (313) 425-3092
Proctor: Hank Czarnecki
Member Fee: $339.00
Non-Member Fee: $499.00
Do you have questions, comments or concerns, let us know.
Register for Our Lean Bronze Certification Review Course Class
Jason Williams; 334.844.3885; email@example.com